So many diet plans come and go, it’s always amusing to me how people think a specific plan could be the answer to all their eating and health problems. This piece I saw recently talks about the 80/20 Diet, which I hadn’t heard about before.
Basically, it says it you eat healthy 80% of the time, you can splurge on junk food the other 20%, presumably on weekends which we tend to think of as rest and party time.
If you can be that mathematical about your eating, more power to you. I’m an all-or-nothing type of person, which means I either have to eat healthy all the time, or I eat junk food every single day.
I’ve been stuck in the second approach since my second stent was put in during 2017 because I felt all the healthy eating I did in the years after my 2012 stent were essentially for nothing, not preventing the need for the second surgery.
But I’ve gained weight and simply feel uncomfortable after having lost and regained 30 pounds since 2012, so I’m working to get back on track. Today, in fact, I just finished the last chocolate bar I bought in the post-Valentine Day sales, so I’ll be going chocolate cold turkey starting tomorrow. Wish me lick.