I read a very sad Thanksgiving story recently, naming that one in four people are planning to skip Thanksgiving because of rising food costs. At this time of year it’s easy to forget those less fortunate than we are.
This report from MoneyTransfers.com changed that for me. Findings included:
- 45% of all respondents this year felt Thanksgiving was causing them financial stress.
- 54% of Gen Z and 51% of Millennials feel the strain more so than their older counterparts
Asked how they plan to save money this Thanksgiving, respondents said:
- 37% Cook more from scratch
- 36% Have fewer side dishes
- 35% Have fewer dessert options
- 27% Cut out alcoholic beverages
I’ve posted about how to save money food shopping during these inflationary times. Think about donating some of your savings to a reputable organization that will help people who need help.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!