Eggplant is a favorite of mine, although I would touch it when I was a kid in an Italian-American family that made it often, usually breaded and fried or baked. My tastes these days tend to like it grilled, as I’ve written about before, so this simple recipe from lovelyfoodblog.com seems a winner.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper (leave off the salt)
Prep is simple as well:
- Slice the eggplant into pieces
- Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt and pepper. Let it sit to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes
- Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
- Place on a lightly greased grill and grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Mix with olive oil and garlic. Then let the flavors blend for about 15 minutes.