Grilling season is upon us, so I’ve been looking for more fun outdoor recipes. I came across this one for skewered lemon-rosemary cherry tomatoes in the Costco Connections magazine, but have found it on numerous sites as well.
You may be growing several of the needed ingredients in your backyard garden, which would make this all the tastier.
Relish.com lists the needed ingredients as:
- 1 pint mixed cherry and grape tomatoes
- 4 sweet onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Also mentioned is salt and pepper to taste, leave off the salt and it will still taste delicious.
The instructions are pretty straight-forward, perfect for someone who doesn;t like complicated recipes.
- Thread the tomatoes and onions on pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- Place skewered vegetables in a large, shallow baking dish.
- Combine rosemary, olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
- pour over vegetables, coating well.
- Marinate at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes, turning two or three times.
- Prepare your grill.
- Place skewered vegetables directly over the fire.
- Grill for three to five minutes, basting frequently with the marinade until the vegetables are slightly charred.