When I see a headline like “9 Amazing Broccoli Recipes Everyone Will Love” I have to stop and read it. AS I suspected, however, most of these ‘amazing’ recipes were high in salt, or fat, or both. I did find one, however, that would fit our low-salt, low-fat, low-sugar criteria, roasted garlic lemon broccoli.
The recipe is simple to make as well:
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, toss the broccoli pieces with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, garlic, and pepper. [LEAVE OUT THE SALT, IT’S NOT NEEDED WITH GARLIC]
- Spread the broccoli on a baking sheet and bake for at least 15 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- After 20 minutes, transfer roasted broccoli into a serving platter.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the preparation and serve with a tangy twist.