One-pan dinners have become a thing during Covid as people who never cooked before look for simple recipes to make at home. I wrote about one salmon one-pan recently and here’s another from EatingWell.com, rosemary roasted salmon.
It includes salmon, asparagus and potatoes, all roasted together in one sheet pan. The sodium per portion, 711 mgs, seems a little high. I’d leave the salt out of the recipe. One teaspoon of salt has 2,325 mgs of sodium, much more than one day’s worth for anyone monitoring their salt intake.
The recipe and prep details, along with nutrition information:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ¼ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (red potatoes are better if you’re monitoring your sugar intake)
1 teaspoon salt, divided(leave this out)
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- ½ teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 Stir together oil, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl. Place potatoes in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Arrange the potatoes in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until lightly browned and tender, about 20 minutes. Push the potatoes to one end of the pan.
- Step 3 Place asparagus in the large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange the asparagus on other end of the baking sheet. Roast until the asparagus is bright green, about 3 minutes. Push the vegetables to either end of the pan, leaving space in the center.
- Step 4 Brush salmon with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil mixture and sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place the salmon in the center of the pan. Thinly slice half the lemon and tuck the slices around the salmon and vegetables. Roast for 5 minutes more. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges.
- Step 5 Whisk balsamic glaze and mustard in a small bowl. Brush 1 tablespoon of the mixture on the salmon. Continue roasting until the salmon is just cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Drizzle the vegetables with the remaining sauce. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Serving Size: 4 oz. salmon, 2 oz. asparagus & 2/3 cup potatoesPer Serving: 400 calories; protein 32.5g; carbohydrates 34.1g; dietary fiber 4.4g; sugars 6.3g; fat 15.9g; saturated fat 2.8g; cholesterol 66.3mg; vitamin a iu 679.1IU; vitamin c 18.2mg; folate 49.2mcg; calcium 183.5mg; iron 3.6mg; magnesium 51.1mg; potassium 682.7mg; sodium 711mg.