With Thanksgiving 2021 almost here, you’re likely scrambling to get ready like so many of us are. As a service, here are links to 10 stories that might help. The best place to find low-salt, low-fat and low-sugar holiday recipes is still our recipe page, just click here to see it.
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving. Even in this difficult year, hopefully, you have much to be thankful for.
- Get Your Fridge Ready For Thanksgiving With These 6 Simple Steps. If you haven’t done this already, now’s the time, make room for all the Thanksgiving goodies you plan to make. I generally do this the Monday of Thanksgiving week before starting my grocery shopping.
- 7 Ways to Keep Food Tasty While Decreasing Your Sodium. Keep this in mind as you review recipes here and elsewhere. Even sites saying they offer healthy recipes don’t consider salt when they say that. If cutting sodium is important to you, look this over.
- 4 Mistakes We All Make When Cooking for Guests. Another good one to review before you start cooking.
- 7 Thanksgiving Dishes You Should Always Make Ahead (and 6 You Should Never). This will help you get an early start. Wednesday cooking anyone?
- Thanksgiving Recipes for Every Diet: Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan or Keto, We’ve Got You Covered. Salt-free, fat-free and sugar-free are not included here so the title is wrong, this is not for every diet. But you can find recipes you can modify.
- Five-Ingredient Thanksgiving Recipes. Again, watch for salt, fat and sugar and modify as best you can.
- How to Make Your Thanksgiving Menu Healthy. This addresses lower in fat, but not salt or sugar.
- 33 Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes. Use to generate ideas, but cut the salt and fat out to make any of these.
- Expertly Spiced and Glazed Roast Turkey. Leave out the salt and go easy on the sugar in the glaze on this one.
- 14 Tips to Beat Holiday Depression. Depression and holidays unfortunately often go together. Take care of your emotional health as well as worrying about what to cook.