Sea bass is usually an expensive fish, but if you get a deal on it (as I did buying in bulk at Costco), here’s a simple baked bass recipe that I found surprisingly tasty and quick to make. You can find the complete recipe on Food.com.
First, the ingredients, most if not all of which, you should already have handy:
- 1lb sea bass (cleaned and scaled)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper [I found this a lot of pepper, adjsut accordingly]
- 1 teaspoon salt [omit this to stay low-salt}
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar (optional) or 1/3 cup white wine [I used white wine vingar, it made the dish].
To make the dish:
- Preheat oven to 450F°.
- In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Rub fish with oil mixture.
- Pour wine or vinegar over fish.
- Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
- Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
I served my sea bass with a side if steamed carrots as you can see in my photo.
Leave a Reply